OUR COVID-19 PROCEDURE
COVID-19 STAFF GUIDELINE – PPE IN THE WORKPLACE, GENERAL GOOD HYGIENE AND PREVENTATIVE PRACTICE.
Based on the available evidence, the COVID-19 virus is transmitted between people through close contact and airborne droplets. The people most at risk of infection are those who are in close contact with a COVID-19 patient (within 1 meter for a length of time) or who care for COVID-19 patients. You can be infected by touching a contaminated surface and then touching your eyes, nose, or mouth before washing your hands. Preventing and mitigation measures are in key both healthcare and community settings.
The most important preventative measures you can take are:
• Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and/or sanitize your hands with 70% alcohol-based sanitizer frequently.
• Do not touch your face, your eyes, nose, or mouth without having washed or sanitized your hands.
• Practice social distancing at all times i.e keep a 1 to 2-meter distance between yourself and everybody else.
• Practice respiratory hygiene at all times. This means coughing or sneezing into your bent elbow or into a tissue. Discard the tissue and wash/sanitize your hands immediately thereafter.
• Sanitise all surface including that you frequently touch with an alcohol-based or jik/sodium hypochlorite-based disinfectant – frequently.
• Stay at least 1 – 2 meters away from people who are coughing and sneezing
• Stay away from crowds of people.